Given below are five case scenarios. In each scenario there is description of one type of memory. You are required to read the following carefully and specify the type of memory portrayed in each case along with the justification of your answer.
1. Danish, 35 years old, is an energetic manager of a multi-national company. He often shares with his colleagues that how he has enjoyed his life while doing his MBA from a renowned university. He recalls how he used to hang out with his folks at different cafes of the city. Even after so many years, he is able to recall his good times he spent.
2. Sehrish, a 19 years old college student, has learned some particular details about solar system in her school days, e.g., it has 8 planets and the sun is a star and earth revolves around the sun.Although she has memorized these things several years ago but she is able to recall till now.
3. Amna, a housewife belonging to middle class family, is used to perform all household chores, e.g., cooking food for her family, dish washing, wipe the floor etc. She carries out all thesetasks with little or no awareness of the skills involved.
4. Taha is a ten years old student. His teacher told him to memorize a list of 20 words. When Taha completed the task, his teacher showed him another list of 10 words. In the second list,words were given in an incomplete sense such as c-i-m-te, ga-ba-e but all these words were the same as the previous list. His teacher asked him to complete all these words, which he successfully did.
5. Fahad met a car accident at the age of 9 which left adverse impacts on his entire life. Due to this mishap, he had to use crutches for one year. Now he is 26 years old but whenever he thinks about that event, he starts trembling. Even after passing many years, he still remembers the entire content of the accident. He forces himself to forget that event but despite of his continuous efforts, he is unable to do it.
· Do not include unnecessary details in justification. Keep your answer to the point.
· Only use the table given below for attempting this assignment.
Case No. Name of Type of Memory Justification (why do you think so that it best
relates to that particular type of memory?)
1 mark for the identification of type of memory and 3 marks for the justification of that selection
Case 1: Episodic memory
Case 2: Priming and long-term memory
Case 3: Procedural Memory
Case 4: Associative memory
Case 5: Flashbulb Memory
if anybody have doubt then tell me, i will clear his/her point of view.
LAST POINT FLUSHBULB MEMORY HAI, KOI BI INCIDENT APKI LIFE KA, KOI UNPLEASENT SCENE, KOI KHUSHI KA DIN, JO AP KBI BI NI BHOL SAKTEY, WO AP K ZEHN MN FLUSHBULB MEMNORY KI TRA HOTA HAI. CLEAR NA
1. Episodic memory
2. Sementic memory
3. Procedural memory
4. Priming memory
5. Explicit memory
After analyzing and seeing the definitions of memories from book here is what i got.
Sidra of your reply here is my opinion, perception relating to book handouts.
Case 1: is episodic because danish is talking about his life events from a specific time (time of his MBA)
Case 2: is Semantic because the solar system knowledge is about general knowledge about world and are facts, it is also scientific formulate found by scientist.but not priming because it is the knowledge show a few minutes ago and are asked to recall it after few minutes but sherish is recalling it after many years.
Case 3: Not sure which one Relate i want a comment of Case 3 from any senior
Case 4: is priming becuase it states that if individual is exposed to a piece of information than after that he can recall same or similar piece of information. Where as Associative module is just a STRATEGY not TYPE to RECOGNIZE THE MATERIAL
Case 5: The mostly i agree with is the Declarative Memory because of Facts, date, names etc because facts don't change and dates and names don't change either related to particular event AND
It cannot be a Flashbulb Memory because
Although flashbulb memories are vivid, clear and detailed, still they may be lacking many important
• At times the recall may be very different from th e actual event whereas the person believes he is
• Many elements may be missed and many added.
DEAR STUDENTS AND SENIOR ONES PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS FROM RELATING TO BOOK AND PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER AND CORRECT BE IF I AM WRONG BY GIVING LOGIC AND CONSIDERING DEFINITIONS RELATING TO BOOK.
case 5 is not a flashbulb memory because he remembers the entire content of the accident..i fhnk dat the answer is explicit memory
IF u read the case no 5 carefully u will come to knw Fahad ramember whole the situation of his accident as it was happened in 9 years age. and not forget any part of it. so it is Explicit momory which is intentional and concious and not the Flashbulb memory because in Flashbulb memory we forgot some memory, some elements are missed and some add.
all students also share their point of view
well i think the 5th case is flashbulb memory because in this memory somtimes a person is unable to remember his past experiances not clearly but on the other hand he can remember clearly although a person can add or not but its not neccessory that he is gona add or miss coz he can also remember the situation as it happened wid him. so all points included is optional not necesory
but explicit memory is refers to intentional and deliberate.but fahad wants to forget his accident he dont want to deliberate his memory or he dont remembers his past intentionally.
Case02: Priming and long term memory
Case03: Procedural memory
Case04: Associative Module
Case 05: Flashbulb Memory.
Its true sequence of memories according to cases mentioned in assignment
how the 5th one is flash bulb memory ??