We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Looking for Something at Site? Search Below

Assignment Objectives: Upon the successful completion of this assignment, students will learn about: • Application of different models of attention • Application of psychological time in real life situation

Q no 1: The question no 1 is based on Models of Attention. Your task is to read the scenarios given below. After reading, identify and justify (in the given table) which model of attention is discussed in each scenario. Marking scheme: Identification: (2+2+2) Justification: (3+3+3)

1. Ali was in a crowd. People were talking to each other and there was a lot of noise over there. In all that noise Ali didn’t pick any word but as soon as a random person said Ali in his conversation Ali got attentive.

2. Aleena told his professor of cognitive psychology that whenever I receive new information. All information is retained and stores in my short term memory for a while. Here the process of selective information plays role and pass only selected information to further processing and in long term memory.

3. Neelam told his professor of cognitive psychology that whenever I receive new information. All information is retained and stores in my short term memory for a while. Then it goes to long term memory and in long term memory its relevance is checked and then I pay attention. Scenario no. Identification Justification 1. 2. 3.

Q no 2: After lecture of cognitive psychology, Fatima told her friend that there is a delay when an image is casted on our retia and in the perception of that image. Even after this delay we feel that we do not live in past but present. Name and explain the concept discussed by Fatima. (1+4)

In Q1 do we have to explain the scenario by keeping in mind the following ?

Bottleneck vs capacity

capacity and stage of selection

multimode theory

early selection vs late selection

Pls reply me.

IN Q2,do we have to explain this according to

arousal

Enduring disposition

monetary intensions

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 248

Replies to This Discussion

NO Sara
in q#2
we have to discuss the Psychological Time
Please read carefully handout for lecture 5+6+7 and also listen to the related lectures as well,
So, that this concept will clear for you.
Then uh can able to solve q#2 of this assignment.

thanks Anila for your reply.

I explained Q1 with early and late selection theories....is that correct?

sara s I think 2 is Broadbent experiment and 3 is Norman's model

RSS

HELP SUPPORT

This is a member-supported website. Your contribution is greatly appreciated!

Today Top Members 

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service