We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

SEMESTER FALL 2016
Cognitive Psychology (PSY504)
Assignment No. 01
Due Date: November 21, 2016
Marks: 20

Assignment Objectives: Upon completion of this assignment, the students’ will be able to:
 Understand the impact of different factors on allocation policy given by Kahneman’s Capacity Model.
 Understand how task difficulty decreases with practice.

Question01 (15)
According to Kahneman Capacity Model, different factors impact on allocation policy of our attention. Keeping in view the model, answer the following questions:

 Identify any three factors that impact on allocation policy of our attention. Also provide one real life example of such factors. (4+4+4)

 What do you think which factor best explains the allocation policy of attention?
Justify! (3)

Question 02 (5)
Experimental studies on attention concluded that “task difficulty decreases with
practice”. What is your opinion about it?

Note:
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date
is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by
the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to
avoid any inconvenience.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 479

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Idea Solution

Assignment No. 01

Question01 (15)

According to Kahneman Capacity Model, different factors impact on allocation policy of our attention. Keeping in view the model, answer the following questions:

(a)   Identify any three factors that impact on allocation policy of our attention. Also provide one real life example of such factors. (4+4+4)

Answer01:

(a) Following the factors that impact on allocation policy:

(1) Arousal, (2) Enduring Disposition, (3) Monetary Intentions

Examples:

Arousal:

Once I was video calling on skype to my aunty who lives in abroad at the same time I was watching my favorite drama on TV, so I couldn’t get the drama very well and also I used to asked again and again whatever my aunty was telling to me.

This is called Arousal, mean the attention is divided to various tasks.

Enduring Disposition:

Once I was reading handouts of my course, my mother was talking to my cousin outside of my room my attraction is not on them, my attention was only on my reading but sudden when I used to hear my name. Automatically I stopped reading and my attention went to their discussions.

This is called Enduring Disposition, means sudden attraction from one to another task.

Monetary Intention:

Once two kids were playing in same room behind me, I was and watching video lectures in load voice by using hands free. They started fighting, beat each other but I didn’t know whatever was going on in that room.

This is called Monetary Intention, means whatever is going on just focus on your task.

(b)   What do you think which factor best explains the allocation policy of attention? Justify! (3)

(b) I think Monetary Intention factor best explains the allocation policy of attention because to understand anything on good way and to clear our self we have to focus on that task by not doing anything else at the same time. Two activities interfere with each other by doing same time.

Question 02 (5)

Experimental studies on attention concluded that “task difficulty decreases with practice”.  What is your opinion about it?

Answer 02:“task difficulty decreases with practice” I would agree with this conclusion. In my opinion, attention in fulfilling a task has a vital role. Practicing a task multiple times makes the task easier as much as we practice it. Such practice develops our physical as well as mental co-ordination so much familiarized to the task, as one could not do that at first time of performing the said task. That is why experts of certain jobs attain the specialty of their fields because the practice that specific thing so many times.

Thanks For uploading 

welcome, just take an idea and make yr assignment

RSS

Latest Activity

彡Faria彡 ❤️ replied to Ateeqa's discussion Aah ko chaiye ek umr asar hone tak....
2 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ replied to иαвєєℓ αнмє∂'s discussion !!!!!"Aey Dil Tumhari MaRzI"!!!!
5 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ liked +►Damon◄'s discussion University Students Survey 2020 | Please Participate Everyone
6 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ replied to alizay's discussion you tube k keryy
6 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ replied to Alone Struggler's discussion Who is the legend???
8 minutes ago
Zaheer Bashir replied to Muhammad Sarfraz's discussion FIN630 - Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Fall 2019 Assignment Solution Idea in the group FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
8 minutes ago
Muhammad Ali replied to Muhammad Sarfraz's discussion FIN630 - Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Fall 2019 Assignment Solution Idea in the group FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
9 minutes ago
Profile IconMuhammad Ali, MOHAMMAD JAMAL BALOCH and 2 other members joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
9 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ liked Awais's discussion Meri Payari Maa
10 minutes ago
Zaheer Bashir replied to Muhammad Sarfraz's discussion FIN630 - Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Fall 2019 Assignment Solution Idea in the group FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
10 minutes ago
彡Faria彡 ❤️ replied to Alone Struggler's discussion Deep...
11 minutes ago
MOHAMMAD JAMAL BALOCH replied to Muhammad Sarfraz's discussion FIN630 - Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Fall 2019 Assignment Solution Idea in the group FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
13 minutes ago

© 2020   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service