Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

PSY511 Environmental Psychology Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion

Views: 443

Replies to This Discussion

Share the Assignment Questions & Discuss Here.... 

Stay touched with this discussion, Solution idea will be uploaded as soon as possible in replies here before the due date.

This is question file

Attachments:

Sir aj last date ha

ap ny kuch kiya iss assgnment ka

PSY511  Assignment NO.1 Solution Fall 2020

Environmental Psychology (PSY511)

Assignment No. 01

Due Date: 16.12.2020                                                                                   Marks: 20                                                                                                                    

• Introduction

The Yerkes-Dodson Law suggests that there is a relationship between performance and arousal. Increased arousal can help improve performance, but only up to a certain point. At the point when arousal becomes excessive, performance diminishes.

• Define arousal factors (temperature, personal space invasion and noise)? (3 marks)

TEMPERATURE

Temp As we increase the temperature, we increase the rate of reaction. The main reason for this is that a higher proportion of the collisions at the higher temperature will have sufficient energy to result in a reaction. In other words, more particles collide with energy greater than the activation energy for the reaction. In addition, as we increase the temperature, the particles gain more energy and move around faster. This increases the chance of collisions between reactant particles, producing more frequent collisions.

PERSOAL SPACE INVANSION & NOISE 

No one likes feeling crowded. A violation of personal space is at best uncomfortable and at worst threatening. But it is hard to measure personal space because it is different for each individual—and the distance varies depending on your relationship with that individual. For instance, long time co-workers may be comfortable with a small distance between them, but if you introduce a new co-worker to either of them, the long-time employees will probably choose to stand further from the newer staff member. Unfortunately, the new employee has probably seen the two long-time employees moving easily within each other's’ personal spaces and may think that he or she can do the same. This often leads to awkwardness and other negative feelings that can make it harder for the new employee to be accepted into the group. Fortunately, increased awareness does not require a degree in psychology. As in most social codes, observation and sensitivity go a long way towards preventing offense.

In addition to invading someone’s space with your physical presence, your noises and smells can also be an intrusion. Playing music too loudly or making repetitive noises—like constantly clicking a pen—can also cause others discomfort. Refraining from interrupting conversations is also important, especially in cubes where everyone can hear everyone else. Be respectful of what little privacy there is. Like noise, scents are another issue. Even something you think smells good can really be malodorous to others. So be courteous with cleaning agents, incense, lunch, perfume, scented potpourri, flowers, and the like. In fact, odors can cause headaches or even migraines, leaving your co-workers in physical pain.

1. ii) You will also introduce both participant working in public and private sector (i.e. age, gender, education, organization, nature of work, job duties & duty hours) and then will explain the procedure of selecting the participant for administration of the test.(4 marks)

PARTICIPANT 1    (private school)

Name                                             sidra jamal

Age                                                 25

Qualification                                 masters

Organization name                     new horizon school

Nature of work                              teaching

Job duty                                          English teacher

Duty hours                                       8 to 2

She is my friend, I know her that’s why I am selecting because of she sometimes share their school problems with me. So, decided to choose sidra for my task. I don’t know much about organizations around my area. So it is best option for me.

PARTICIPANTS 2   (GOVERNMENT SECTOR)

Name                                             Kinza mustafa

Age                                                 27

Qualification                                 masters with computer science

Organization name                     government primary school

Nature of work                              teaching

Job duty                                          all rounder

Duty hours                                       8 to 2

Kinza is my online facebook friend I know her from last 4 years. We do our masters same year so I choose to kinza because of her government job.s

1. b) Quantitative interpretation (8 marks)

After getting your questionnaire filled from employees, you will record the scores in score sheet provided below.

Participant 1 responses (4 marks)

Participant 2 responses (4 marks)

Total score

Total score

1. c) Qualitative interpretation (5 marks)

In this section, after calculating the scores of your both participants and on the basis of these scores answer the following questions:

• By comparing the score of participants on the scale mention employee from which setup (public and private) is providing better performance. (2)

Higher number shows greater arousal is consider kina's arosal level is high in contrast sidra because sidras number is low on performance questionnaire.

• Enlist any two suggestions how changes in arousal factors can enhance job performance of employee? (3)
  • Split your tasks into milestones

When working on a big project, the single best thing you can do in order to ensure that you aren’t falling behind schedule and are performing at a high level is to break down your tasks into small and easily achievable milestones with appropriate time frames.

This way, you will know exactly what needs to be done and the date that it needs to be completed by so the overall project is put together by the set deadline.

• Try to do important tasks first

As an employee, you are often going to be allocated a wide range of tasks that you will need to deal with by a particular deadline.

It is not uncommon for you to have more tasks than you can handle and so, the best way to ensure that you maintain your performance at work is to prioritize your tasks in an order judging by importance

Marking scheme:

Part A: 7 Marks

Part B: 4+4=8 Marks

Part C: 5 Marks

Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Latest Activity

VIP Member Badge & Others

How to Get This Badge at Your Profile DP

------------------------------------

Management: Admins ::: Moderators

Other Awards Badges List Moderators Group

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service