SEMESTER FALL 2015
Cross Cultural Psychology (PSY515)
Assignment No. 02
Due Date: 07.12.2015 Marks: 20
This assignment has been designed to make students evaluate how correlates of subjective well-being
are different in nuclear and joint family system.
Here is an interesting activity for you!
You are required to compare joint family system and nuclear family system with reference to
subjective well-being. For this purpose, you will conduct interview from two individuals (one from
nuclear family system and one from joint family system). Sample questions are being given below to
conduct the interview. You can ask some more questions too from your interviewees if you feel that
you need some more information regarding this.
· What is subjective well-being/happiness?
· What is a secret to achieve happiness?
· Who are the happiest people?
· How can we make ourselves happier?
· What is your advice to those who want to be happy?
After conducting the interview, you will make a report consisting of following points:
In this section, you will briefly introduce your topic.
In this part, you will write the whole procedure of doing this activity. You will briefly mention about
your respondents in terms of age, gender, education, occupation etc.
You will discuss responses of your interviewees. Your discussion will focus on how correlates of
happiness differ in joint family system and nuclear family system.
You will conclude your findings while mentioning some of the factors that play an important role in
determining happiness in different family structures.
How outward expressions of emotions differ in individualistic culture and collectivistic culture?
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is
usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students
on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
· Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment
will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the
· Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
· It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
· Use black and blue font colors only.
· Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical
· Give the answer according to question.
· For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the
video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
· It has been submitted after due date
· The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
· It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
· It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
lets discuss, all psychology students
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.