PSY515 Cross Cultural Psychology Assignment No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 18-11-2015
SEMESTER FALL 2015
Cross Cultural Psychology (PSY515)
Assignment No. 01
Due Date: 18.11.2015 Marks: 20
This assignment has been designed to get students familiarize with the characteristics of individualistic
culture and collectivist culture.
Here is an interesting activity for you!
You are required to compare individualistic culture and collectivistic culture with reference to child
rearing practices. For this purpose, you are supposed to visit any five web pages to collect the
information on said topics.
After collecting relevant material, you will write comparisons between individualistic culture and
collectivistic culture regarding child rearing practices. Your comparison will be based on following
· Obedience training
· Achievement training
· Responsibility training
· Self-reliance and autonomy
Marking Scheme: Above mentioned each point will carry 4 marks.
Do not write excessive details while answering questions. Unnecessary details will not give
you any extra marks.
Provide reference of the source which you will consult for attempting this assignment.
Being a student of cross-cultural psychology, critically analyze how an individualistic and
collectivistic culture affects one’s life decisions? (4)
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is
usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students
on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
· Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment
will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the
· Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
· It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
· Use black and blue font colors only.
· Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical
· Give the answer according to question.
· For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the
video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
· It has been submitted after due date
· The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
· It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
· It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.