We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

PSY631 Psychological Testing & Measurements Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion

Assignment Objectives:
This assignment has been designed to make students:
 Develop an understanding of different types of item formats
 Develop an understanding of the group test

Question No. 01: (15)
Dear Students;
Given below are the five statements from Academic Procrastination Scale (Bashir &Gupta, 2018).
S. No  Statements
01      I generally say to myself that I will complete my assignments by tomorrow.
02      I do my assignments regularly to be punctual with my task.
03      I find it hard to begin the preparation for examination.
04      I usually finish the important assignments first.
05      It is difficult for me to estimate the time which is required to complete my given task.
You have read about different item formats in lesson No.11. Your task is to write the above mentioned statements as per according to the given below item formats:
 The Dichotomous format
 The Polytomous format
 The Likert format

Marking Scheme:
1 Mark for preparing an item format against each statement 1*15

Important Instruction:
Students are supposed to prepare each item format of the given five statements

Question No.02: (5)
What is your understanding about group testing?

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 372

Replies to This Discussion

Share the Assignment Questions & Discuss Here.... 

Assignment Objectives:
This assignment has been designed to make students:
 Develop an understanding of different types of item formats
 Develop an understanding of the group test

Question No. 01: (15)
Dear Students;
Given below are the five statements from Academic Procrastination Scale (Bashir &Gupta, 2018).
S. No  Statements
01      I generally say to myself that I will complete my assignments by tomorrow.
02      I do my assignments regularly to be punctual with my task.
03      I find it hard to begin the preparation for examination.
04      I usually finish the important assignments first.
05      It is difficult for me to estimate the time which is required to complete my given task.
You have read about different item formats in lesson No.11. Your task is to write the above mentioned statements as per according to the given below item formats:
 The Dichotomous format
 The Polytomous format
 The Likert format

Marking Scheme:
1 Mark for preparing an item format against each statement 1*15

Important Instruction:
Students are supposed to prepare each item format of the given five statements

Question No.02: (5)
What is your understanding about group testing?

PSY631 assignment no 01 solution fall 2020

Image may contain: text that says '018日 1al179B/s 14:22 56% Psy631 solution by Amna Sher ail shaker htp//ceo.c.rusuheome Dichotomous format 1. generally say myself that will complete my assignments by tomorrow, Yes 2. domy my assignments egularly be punctual with my ask. No 3. Yes begin the preparation for examination. Yes No No Follow this pattem further Polytomous format generally say Total agree myself that will complete my assignments tomorrow. Total disagree Total agree do my assignments regularty o be punctual with my task. 2 Total disagree Follow pattem Likert format Psy631 solution by Amna Sher ail sha... 1/2'

Image may contain: text

Question 1 Solution Idea:

Group tests are the tests that have been designed in such a manner that a large number of test takers can do them simultaneously. The instructions address the entire group not individuals, are delivered only once at the beginning of the test and are not repeated for anyone. These tests are usually timed tests and the examiner does
not do or say anything that may interrupt the testing process. Group tests are generally paper- pencil tests, although computerized administration is also becoming popular in developed countries. Group tests mostly have a multiple choice format. Usually blank circles, or spaces, are provided in front of every response option. The test taker blackens the circle, or places a tick mark in blank space, or encircles the option number (a, b, c, d etc.). The answer sheets are marked with the help of a key. Answer keys can be of different types but one common type is the one which is designed like a stencil. A sheet like the test’s sheet is used in which holes or slots are made on the right option. The stencil is placed on top of the answer sheet. If the space under the slots has been darkened then the item is counted as right. The answer sheets can be marked by computers also, which is the commonly used approach nowadays. Group tests are also administered with the help of computers. In computerized testing, a mouse or joy stick is used to mark the answers. But this approach can be adopted only when sufficient number of computers is available.

Advantages of Group Tests:
• Such tests save time of administration
• A large number of test takers can be examined simultaneously
• Group tests are a good source of quick data collection for research projects
• If quick decisions are to be made, such as screening or school admissions, then group tests are very useful
• Test administration is easy from the point of view of the examiner, especially because there is little pressure on the examiner for taking notes of individual expressions, explanations, or clarifications on part of the examinee.
• There is little impact of the personality of the examiner on the performance of the examinees, which can be the other way round in case of individual testing.
• The role of the examiner is the minimum. If desired, tape recorded instructions may also be used.

Disadvantages of Group Tests:
In spite of a number of advantages, the group administered tests entail some disadvantages as well:
• Group tests are very impersonal. The personal touch and rapport that is an ingredient of individual tests is not found in group tests.
• Group administration is not flexible like individual testing. In individual administration, the examiner may repeat instructions, or may rephrase them according to the needs of the test taker.

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service