Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

PSY632 Theory & Practice of Counseling Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion

Views: 168

Replies to This Discussion

Share the Assignment Questions & Discuss Here.... 

PSY632 Assignment 1 Fall 2020 Solution:

Download attachment for PSY632 assignment 1 solution file.

PSY632_Assignment_No_01_Solution_Fall_2020

PSY632 Assignment 1 solution 2020

Research topic: -

A link between mental health and child obesity

ata from a number of studies provide strong evidence that higher levels of body mass index (BMI) during childhood can predict overweight later in life. This was recently summarized in a review by Goran Data from four longitudinal studies were reviewed and showed that the probability of overweight at 35 years of age for children with BMI in the 85th to 95th percentiles increased with increasing age. The prediction for adult weight was most accurate for BMI at 18 years of age with accuracy decreasing for BMI below 13 years of age. Goran concluded that the “persistence of pediatric obesity into adulthood increases according to the age at which obesity is initially present.” Similar to what has been recorded in North America, obesity during childhood in Japan is associated with increased likelihood of obesity during adulthood. In a Japanese study, approximately one‐third of obese children grew into obese adults Whitaker et al. ((found that the risk of adult obesity was greater in both obese and non‐obese children if at least one parent was overweight. This effect was most pronounced in children that were <10 years old; over the age of 10 years, the child's own overweight/obesity status was a better predictor than having an obese parent. These studies show the importance of the family environment in contributing to the increasing prevalence of obesity. Most likely these increases are associated with changes (increases) in food supply and caloric intake accompanied by diminishing levels of physical activity. One might consider that these family studies provide strong evidence for the genetic contribution to obesity. However, it is very unlikely that changing gene pools can explain the doubling or even tripling of obesity prevalence rates in certain groups over 20 years; too short a period to affect the genetic background in affected populations.

Sample:-

Children

Age – 6 to 12 years old

Data collection method

I choose obesity questionnaire in which different type of questions ask about obesity and mental health. Through questionnaire I will gather the data which allow me to assess how obesity affects mental health of child.

Procedure

Choose different private schools and obesity questionnaire fill from students from the age of 5 to 12 years old children in the presence of teachers. With the help of teachers it would be great success to gain massive knowledge.

Informed consent

I volunteer to participate in a research project conducted. I understand that the project is designed to gather information about mental health of obesity in children. I will be one of approximately 30 people being interviewed for this research. 1. My participation in this project is voluntary. I understand that I will not be paid for my participation. I may withdraw and discontinue participation at any time without penalty. If I decline to participate or withdraw from the study, no one on my school will be told.

1. I understand that most interviewees in will find the discussion interesting and thought-provoking. If, however, I feel uncomfortable in any way during the interview session, I have the right to decline to answer any question or to end the interview.
  2. Participation involves being interviewed by researchers. The interview will last approximately 30-45 minutes. Notes will be written during the interview. An audio tape of the interview and subsequent dialogue will be making. If I don't want to be taped, I will not be able to participate in the study.
  3. I understand that the researcher will not identify me by name in any reports using information obtained from this interview, and that my confidentiality as a participant in this study will remain secure. Subsequent uses of records and data will be subject to standard data use policies which protect the anonymity of individuals and institutions.
  4. Faculty and administrators from my school will neither be present at the interview nor have access to raw notes or transcripts. This precaution will prevent my individual comments from having any negative repercussions.
  5. I understand that this research study has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Studies Involving Human Subjects:. For research problems or questions regarding subjects, the Institutional Review Board may be contacted through [information
  6. I have read and understand the explanation provided to me. I have had all my questions answered to my satisfaction, and I voluntarily agree to participate in this study. 8. I have been given a copy of this consent form.

My Signature ___________________________

Date ________________________

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service