Assignment No.2 (Course STA301)

Fall 2014 (Total Marks15)

Deadline

Your Assignment must be uploaded/ submitted before or on 17th Feb 2015, (23:59)P.M

(STUDENTS ARE STRICTLY DIRECTED TO SUBMIT THEIR ASSIGNMENT BEFORE OR BY DUE DATE. NO ASSIGNMNENT AFTER DUE DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA E. MAIL).

Rules for Marking

It should be clear that your Assignment will not get any credit IF:

• The Assignment submitted, via email, after the due date.
  • The Submitted Assignment is not found as an MS Word document file.
  • There will be unnecessary, extra or irrelevant material.
  • The Statistical notations/symbols are not well-written, i.e., without using Math Type software.
  • The Assignment will be copied from handouts, internet or from any other student’s file. Copied material (from handouts, any book or by any website) will be awarded ZERO MARKS. It is PLAGIARISM and an Academic Crime.
  • The medium of the course is English. Assignment in Urdu or Roman languages will not be accepted.
  • An assignment means Comprehensive yet precise, accurate details about the given topic, quoting different sources (books/articles/websites etc.). Do not rely only on handouts. You can take data/information from different, authentic sources (like books, magazines, website, etc.) BUT express/organize all the collected material in YOUR OWN WORDS. Only then you will get good marks.

Objective(s) of this Assignment:

The assignment is being uploaded to build up the students concepts regarding;

1. 1.     Joint probability distribution about discrete random variables.
  2. 2.     Joint probability distribution about continuous random variables.

Views: 14021

Replies to This Discussion

Question no 1 is difficult .
brother is it complete answer Q1 ? or calculated E(X) or E(Y) and E(XY)? If these calculated plz in detail solved how these E(X) or E(Y) and E(XY) calculated?
Q2 i 've solved it was easy.

who said to calculate E(X)&E(Y) E(XY) in q 1? i dont think they are needed to calculate bcz they dont tell about independence of X & Y

Part c of Question-1 is easy you can calculate by taking product of g(x) and h(y) and comparing it with the joint distribution function.

Zain bhai samajh ni ai ap ki bat ki kis trh product le kr compare karen gy r kis k sath compare karen gy.......

zubair bro see this

E(XY)=E(X)*(Y)
=0.4*1.9
=0.76
right or wrong please tell me.

MCS girl please tell me the 1st and 2nd part.

Zain bhai please correct ur step, write 1 raise to the power 4 instead of 1 raise to the power 2 in 3rd last step of Q. No. 1 part (b).

goood observation
thankx

please can any body post the complete and correct solution because my answers are not same as your's.

regards.....

any body can help me about sta301 assignment

MUHAMMAD ZUBAIR ap k digits incomplete hen.please check.

regards.....

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service