We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Looking For Something at Site? Search Below

GDB 1

Research Methods (STA-630)

Concept to be tested: Review of the Literature

In a class of research methodology, Ali presented an idea of ‘kidpreneurs – Entrepreneurship for children’ for his research. To explain the idea, Ali gave argument that according to his viewpoint there is lack of research on this topic. In his opinion, the potential dimensions for this research may be; nature of activities, entrepreneurial characteristics among children and linkage of education with entrepreneurship etc. In response of the idea, professor asked Ali some questions; “how many articles have you read or have you completed initial literature review? How is it possible to finalize topic and initiate a research without conducting a literature review?”

The professor’s questions created confusion in the class and Ali replied, “Literature review and identification of research gap will be done once the topic of the research is finalized”.

Activity

In your opinion, keeping goals of literature review in mind, build arguments in favor of statements given by either professor or Ali i.e.“research can be initiated with/without conducting literature review”.

Special Instructions

• Give precise justification and reply should not exceed more than 150 words.
  • Build your own argument based on your learning of Research Methods and do not use any cheating link.

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 5318

Replies to This Discussion

This Graded Discussion Board will cover first 08 lessons.  lolzz kahaan ja rahay ap loog ...

Lecture no.09 mention krne ka maqsad research k steps ki taraf ishara krna tha us paragraph mai yehi likha hai k agar topic pehle select kr lia jaye tou hum ache se research conduct kr skte hain.

koi topic select nhi krna ...

“research can be initiated with/without conducting literature review”.

with/without Game hai ap log pata nhi kahaan ja rahay hain.

guyssssss bat topic ki ho hi nhi rhi yar, literature review ki ho rhi ha,  and agr ap professor k haq mein argmnnts do gy to zada easy ho ga, 
bat ko zada ghommaoo gy to or chakr ayen gy
 Iz()rf@l@yn@d  is right ....

meshi khan  sahi kah rahi  Eman_Khan. or main ne to dono k haq main arguments deya hain... both Ali and Professor ..

This Graded Discussion Board will cover first 08 lessons. 

So plz saray ab GDP kareen 9 Lesson ko chooor dain...

Doing a careful and thorough literature review is essential when you write a research at any level—the basic homework that is assumed done vigilantly, a given fact in all research papers.

:(

In my opinion research can't be initiated without conducting literature review so I'll argue in the favor of Professor because:

• The purpose of literature review is to place the current research into big picture of what is known or not known about a specific topic. The act of the reviewing the literature doesn't just occur in the beginning of the research study and is not completed as the introduction to the article is completed as here Ali done.
  • And that literature review must be an ongoing process and the results of that review should be integrated into the body of the report at appropriate points especially in the discussion and conclusion sections as is the scene here and Ali is discussing a topic here without having literature review about the topic. It can only be a good research initiation but not excellent.

Pakistan Standard Time: 11:52:35  PM    

Aqeel Shah g GDB nahi post krna thaa apne apne ...Mark nhi aheen gy 

I agree with u guys But, I think this topic which is the basic theme of research is the new one and as per the paragraph in the question. There is lack of research on this topic before so how, You will conduct litrature review as there is no evidence of research being conducted on this topic before. In my opinion I strongly agree that Literature review is a very important part of the Research but in This case I think the research can also be conducted without reviewing the literature.

i am sharing with you a good source to learn research methods.

RSS

Latest Activity

Kamal Qaisar liked Kamal Qaisar's discussion MGT 201 Solved GDB Financial Management
4 hours ago
Kamal Qaisar liked Kamal Qaisar's discussion MGT 201 Solved GDB Financial Management
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
Kamal Qaisar posted discussions
5 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to Fragrance of Islam's discussion ENG301 Business Communication GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group ENG301 Business Communication
7 hours ago
Profile IconSamina, sahara, Jero and 12 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
7 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! replied to Miss. Churhail's discussion $$$$$AB YE SOCHA HY K HAM HAD SE GUZAR JAYEN GY$$$$$$
7 hours ago
maha replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion Mid Term Quiz Will Be Conducted Instead Of Mid Term Examinations - Fall 2020 Semester
7 hours ago
+!!! ❤️ Shadow Girl❤️!!! liked Miss. Churhail's discussion $$$$$AB YE SOCHA HY K HAM HAD SE GUZAR JAYEN GY$$$$$$
7 hours ago
maha replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion Mid Term Quiz Will Be Conducted Instead Of Mid Term Examinations - Fall 2020 Semester
7 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion FIN630 GDB No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Last Date: 27-11-2020 in the group FIN630 Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
7 hours ago
Aasma kiran commented on +M.Tariq Malik's group ENG301 Business Communication
7 hours ago
Aasma kiran joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
7 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS602 Computer Graphics Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Due Date: 04-12-2020 in the group CS602 Computer Graphics
7 hours ago
+M.Tariq Malik replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS602 Computer Graphics Assignment 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion Due Date: 04-12-2020 in the group CS602 Computer Graphics
7 hours ago
7 hours ago

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service