STA630 Assignment 01 Spring 2021 Solution / Discussion Due Date: 07-06-2021
RESEARCH METHODS (STA630)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 1
Due date: June 7, 2021
Total marks: 10
Topic: “Identification of Variables & Hypotheses Development”
OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY
To familiarize the students with the basics of variable identification and hypotheses development.
After attempting this assignment, students will be able to correctly identify variables and to develop hypotheses.
PREMISE AND REQUIREMENT:
The global economy has changed a lot with the unprecedented advent of COVID-
19. It has altered every person’s circumstances socially, psychologically, economically and environmentally. People, societies, economies, countries and the whole world is experiencing the indefinite fear, quarantine, and the lockdown shock. A thorough research is needed on how pandemic has changed the lives and find better ways to improve individual and organizational performance during this catastrophic global event i.e. COVID-19. The organizations need to be proactive now, which require them to respond to the internal and external strategic shifts, to get the most out of the opportunities. It further calls them to enhance employees’ KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) to accomplish certain objectives.
As COVID-19 is fast-moving up the pace of indispensable change. Organizations have been naturally put into situation where they have to modernize, for example, working remotely. Since, performance is considered as a benchmark to get job done, and a pertinent mechanism for performance standards to motivate employees and achieve organizational sustainability.
Hence, a researcher designed his research to investigate the impact of remote working on employees’ performance in telecom industry of Pakistan. The results were astonishing as performance of employees at same designation level was different from each other. He found that some employees have high motivation during remote working whereas; others have low motivation during remote work. Hence, he also decided to investigate the role of employee motivation to improve performance in remote working. After data analysis, he will provide various recommendations to the policymakers to take decisions accordingly.
Being a student of Research Methodology, you are required to answer the following questions:
1. Identify independent, dependent, and moderating variable. (Marks=2+2+2)
2. Develop two hypotheses by using the selected variables. (Marks=2+2)
• Students are advised to study the whole text carefully.
• Try not to include any irrelevant material in the solution.
• Try to come up with precise and original answers.
• Any act of plagiarism like copy paste from internet will result in ZERO marks.
• Assignments reaching after the due date would not be considered.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”. It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format. Use black font color only.
RULES FOR MARKING:
Please note that your assignment will be graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
24 hours extra/grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Stay touched with this discussion, Solution idea will be uploaded as soon as possible in replies here before the due date.
start discussion after that we can get perfect solution