We have been working very hard since 2009 to facilitate in your learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate Now.

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

STA630 Research Methods Assignment Solution and Discussion Due Date:December 04, 2014

IMPORTANT:
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading
difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due
dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
DEADLINE:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.

FORMATTING GUIDELINES:
• Make sure to upload the solution by using the given format for answering questions 1, 2, & 3
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.

REFERENCING Guidelines:
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google
and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit
http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html

RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Views: 4074

Replies to This Discussion

Similarly, Linnenbrink and Pintrich (2002) offer a model of the relationship between motivation and cognition that incorporates students’ prior achievement, social aspects of the learning setting, motivational variables (e.g., expectancy and values), and cognitive variables (background knowledge, learning strategies, meta cognition, and self-regulation). This model depicts motivation as both affecting and being affected by cognition, and both of these are, i turn, affected by social context. The model also portrays cognition and motivation as affecting
academic engagement and achievement.

The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential of a
constructivist approach to context-based video instruction for enhancing learning. To achieve this purpose, the authors examined whether
video-based instruction that was developed using constructivist theory
can affect student learning (i.e., comprehension and retention) and
motivation (i.e., attention, relevance, confidence, and satisfaction) by
comparing learners’ perceptions of both video-based instruction and
traditional text-based instruction in an online context-based lesson.
There was a significant difference in learners’ motivation in terms of
attention between the video-based instruction and traditional
text-based instruction. In addition, the learners reported that the
video-based instruction was more memorable than the traditional
text-based instruction. This study implies that context-based videos in
online courses have the potential to enhance learners’ retention and
motivation.

Constructivists believe that knowledge cannot be simply transmitted
from the instructor to the learners, because the learners have not experienced all that the instructor has. Although the instructor shares an experience, learners’ interpretation of that experience would be very different
from the instructor’s because the instructor is relating it to a different set of
prior experiences. Therefore, constructivists think that learning is a process
of helping learners construct their own meaning from the experiences they
have by providing those experiences firsthand and guiding the meaning-making process.

Kozma (1991) also supported the fact that the visual component is memorable. He argued that simultaneous processing of auditory and visual information may aid learning. In addition, video might be superior for learning complex skills
because it can expose learners to problems, equipment, and events that cannot be easily demonstrated.

Motivation could be one of the most essential factors that learners should
have for successful learning. The ARCS (attention,relevance,confidence,
andsatisfaction) model of motivation was developed in response to a desire
to find more effective ways of understanding the major influences on the motivation to learn and for systematic ways of identifying and solving problems
with learning motivation.

Purpose of the Study
The studies described earlier concluded that video-based instruction has
not been sufficiently effective because learners were passive in the learning
process. However, relatively few studies on video-based instruction have
actually engaged learners in active learning. Thus, in this study we aimed to
investigate the potential of video instruction based on constructivism that is
devised to engage learners in active, authentic, and collaborative learning.
To achieve this purpose, we examined whether video-based instruction can
affect learning (i.e., comprehension and retention) and motivation (i.e., attention, relevance, confidence, and satisfaction) by comparing learners’
perceptions of both video-based instruction and text-based instruction in an
online context-based learning situation. This was an impact study primarily concerned with finding evidence of a causal relationship rather than
proving the transferability of that effect to other locations.

Video Studies  

The combination of watching the videos and discussing those with
my team members made the material easier to remember than straight
reading.
Because I am a visual learner, video-based learning cycles kept me
more focused and actively involved.
Video-based learning cycles [were] more interactive. I could see as
well as respond verbally and in writing with more ease—a picture is
worth a thousand words.
I can easily recall parts of videos due to the visual interaction, where I
am forced to think out the meaning. The videos allow me to witness,
not calculate the meaning, but actually see the interaction and how it
plays out.
Because the video clips stick in my mind, video-based learning cycles
helped me retain information.

Difference in learners’ motivation (i.e., attention, relevance, confidence, and satisfaction) between video-based instruction and traditional text-based instruction.

Response of video studies

I could effectively figure out the key points after viewing videos. In
addition, we could interact about our observations on the Webboard.
This was the opportunity that I could learn from others.
I was able to see a live audience in video clips. This kept my attention,
and I was actively involved.
It was good to see concrete examples and nonexamples. They served
a good purpose of reinforcing our understanding in a way.
The summary of the result was as follows: There was a significant difference in learners’ motivation in terms of attention between the video-based

Dependent variable

The dependent variable is the variable a researcher is interested in. The changes to the dependent variable are what the researcher is trying to measure with all their fancy techniques

Dependent variable presumed effect in an experimental study. The values of the dependent variable depend upon another variable, the independent variable. Strictly speaking, “dependent variable” should not be used when writing about non experimental designs.

Independent variable

An independent variable is a variable believed to affect the dependent variable. This is the variable that you, the researcher, will manipulate to see if it makes the dependent variable change

Independent variable is the presumed cause in an experimental study. All other variables that may impact the dependent variable are controlled. The values of the independent variable are under experimenter control. Strictly speaking, “independent variable” should not be used when writing about non experimental designs.

Mediating variable

Mediating variable is Synonym for intervening variable. Example: Parents transmit their social status to their children directly, but they also do so indirectly, through education: viz.

Parent’s status ➛ child’s education ➛ child’s status

Idea solution OF STA630....

ASSIGNMENT # 1

STA 630

Ans 1)

Literature Review

Constructivists believe that knowledge cannot be simply transmitted from the instructor to the learners, because the learners have not experienced all that the instructor has. Although the instructor shares experience, learner’s interpretation of that experience would be very different from the instructor’s because the instructor is relating it to a different set of prior experiences. Therefore, they think that learning is a process of helping learners construct their own meaning from the experiences they have by providing those experiences firsthand and guiding the meaning making process.

Motivation could be one of the most essential factors that learner’s should have for successful learning. The ARCS (attention, relevance, confidence, and satisfaction) model of motivation was developed in response to a desire to find more effective ways of understanding the major influences on the motivation to learn andfor systematic ways of identifying and solving problems with learning motivation.

Video Studies  

The combination of watching the videos and discussing those with my team members made the material easier to remember than straight reading. Because I am a visual learner, video-based learning cycles kept me more focused and actively involved..

Ans 2)

Dependent variable 

The dependent variable is the variable a researcher is interested in. The changes to the dependent variable are what the researcher is trying to measure with all their fancy techniques.

Independent variable

An independent variable is a variable believed to affect the dependent variable.

Mediating variable

A mediating variable is one that lies intermediate between independent causal factors and a final outcome. Mediating variable is synonym for intervening variable.

Ans 3)

1. 1.      Research Case study is a kind of research and it helps in understanding

What are the things that create difficulties among students to understand the lectures.

1. 2.      Null & Alternative From previous time dimension a study can be checked within current time and number of students participating in video studying can be conducted in order to know how much students are motivated in the study as compared to previous study.

Hypothesis

Null hypothesis:

It the null hypothesis the researcher compare the research to other or against it. In the above topic the study can may check with past study procedure in those days there will face to face study and now online studies and video lectures it may be comparison the percentage of the students who like online study and who not.

Relationship hypothesis:

In this type of hypothesis the researcher have face the problem of the students admissions and motivations, there may a survey for this and the voting that the how many percent the student like the online study and want to be admission and how much students against it and dislike the video instructions.

Research hypothesis:

The research hypothesis is that the researcher focus on the research and the problems according to the online studies, the researcher may find that the reason why the students dislike the online studies and what the problem students occurs in the online study, what the happen they not understand the video lectures and to clear all problems work on this.

I am sharing with you a good source to learn research methods.

RSS

Latest Activity

Musawar Ahmed replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion STA301 GDB Fall 2020 Solution & Discussion in the group STA301 Statistics and Probability
54 minutes ago
Musawar Ahmed joined +M.Tariq Malik's group
54 minutes ago
Mr Ak updated their profile
56 minutes ago
Musawar Ahmed replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS610 Assignment No 01 Fall 2020 Solution & Discussion in the group CS610 Computer Network
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Musawar Ahmed replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS605 Assignment No 01 Fall 2020 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 26-11-2020 in the group CS605 Software Engineering-II
1 hour ago
Musawar Ahmed replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS605 Assignment No 01 Fall 2020 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 26-11-2020 in the group CS605 Software Engineering-II
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Musawar Ahmed replied to +M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS408 Assignment No 01 Fall 2020 Solution / Discussion in the group CS408 Human Computer Interaction
1 hour ago
1 hour ago

Today Top Members 

Looking For Something? Search Here

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service