Objective of the Assignment:
The objective of this activity is to make the students familiar with SPSS.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
After attempting this assignment students should be able to:
• Run correlation on SPSS and generate scattered plot
• Interpret the output tables of SPSS
Suppose you are doing a research on Influence of Social Media Marketing on Buying Decision Process. Your research question is:
Is there any relationship between Social Media Marketing (SMMF) and Buying Decision Process (BDP)?
Consider you have already cleaned (data cleaning) and entered the data into SPSS. Following are your two main variables:
SMMF = Social Media Marketing
BDP = Buying Decision Process
Now you have the data set with you (the data set SPSS file is available along with this assignment file). In the data set you have sufficient information to test your hypothesis to determine any relationship existing in between the variables under study.
1. (a) Using the SPSS data file generate a scatter plot using SPSS to determine if the assumptions of correlation (homoscedasticity and linearity) are fulfilled.
(b) Also provide the direction of relation as depicted in the scatter plot by drawing a line through the plot. (in one line)
(c) Interpret the scatter plot specifically mentioning if the plot is meeting the assumptions of homoscedastic and liberality (in two to three line) (2+2+2)
2. Use the two variables to check the correlation between the two variables. Generate the table in SPSS output (Check the ‘Mean and Standard Deviation box’ in the ‘options’ while generating the table of corrections: HINT: two tables will be generated) (1+2)
3. Provide the value of significance from the ‘Correlations’ output table. Interpret from the generated table if the correlation is significance or not. (Just mention the value and one liner explanation) (1+2)
4. Mention the value of Correlation (r) from the table and interpret the direction and strength of the relationship. (mention the value and give two-line interpretation) (1+3)
5. Assume if the value of Correlation coefficient (r) is ‘0’, how would you explain this value of correlation? (one line explanation) (1)
6. Calculate the coefficient of determination from the given data and interpret the resulted percentage. (calculate and provide a one line interpretation) (1.5+1.5)
• No unnecessary details should be added in the answer. Instructions are provided with every question. Be precise
• Plagiarism is highly unacceptable therefore there must not be any plagiarized content in your solution file.
• For due date view your LMS. Following the due date is mandatory for submission the solution against LMS. Submissions via email will not be accepted
• Install SPSS software into your computer system, preferably not older than 20th version. You have to arrange it for yourself or you may get to the closest VU campus • Find SPSS file named “DATA” given in assignment # 2 zipped folder.
• Read and comprehend assignment requirements regarding data analysis.
• Perform the required statistical tests on the given data and write the answers and interpretation in the given boxes.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• Use black font color only.
Good Luck and Happy Learning
Assignment Files are attached.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Discussed & be touched with this discussion. After discussion a perfect solution will come in a result at the end.
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link
Please Click on the below link to see…
P.S: Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”
Kisi ne solve karne ki koshish ki he ya nahi? SPSS software is involved in it.
Today is the extended day of the assignment. please upload solution or any idea.