Advanced Research Methods (STAT 730)
Semester: Fall 2017 Assignment No. 1
Due Date: November 26, 2017 Total Marks: 15
Objective of the Assignment:
The objective of this activity is to make the students able to identify the research problem, variables (Dependent, Independent, and intervening) and elements of research design from the given piece of literature.
After attempting this assignment students should be able to:
Identify the research problem
Identify the variables
Identify the research design elements
Research shows that stress limits an individual’s creativity as well as the person’s ability to think and reason along new lines (Lazarus, 1966). Intelligence is considered as an important predictor for analyzing the employees’ capabilities and their behaviors to perform a particular task. However, it is a common perception that individuals having high intellectual capabilities perform well in more stressful conditions, than people with low levels of cognitive ability.
Contemporary research studies have revealed interesting findings about nature of the relationship between individual intelligence quotient (IQ) level and their respective performance. Indicating a new line of research that IQ alone is not sufficient for the success of employees. However, emotional Intelligence also plays a significant role to enhance employees’ performance working under stressful environment. Scholars have also examined that individuals facing high levels of stress might affect their cognitive performance resulting in ineffective utilization of cognitive resources (Perkins and Corr, 2006).
An empirical study was conducted to determine the role of employees’ cognitive and emotional intelligence and its impact on employees’ performance. Data was collected through structured questionnaire and 300 employees were selected randomly from different organizations of Telecom industry.
Answer the following questions on the basis of above mentioned scenario:
Q1: Identify the research problem. (2 Marks)
Q2: Identify dependent, independent and mediating variables. (3 Marks)
Q3: Identify the following elements of the research design to address the research problem: (10 Marks)
Data collection tool
• Students are advised to study the whole text carefully.
• Try not to include any irrelevant material in the solution.
• Try to come up with precise and original answers.
• Any act of plagiarism like copy paste from internet will result in ZERO marks.
• Assignments reaching after the due date would not be considered.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black font color only.
RULES FOR MARKING:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
24 hours extra/ grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Discussed & be touched with this discussion. After discussion a perfect solution will come in a result at the end.
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.
Or visit this link
Please Click on the below link to see…
P.S: Please always try to add the discussion in proper format title like “CS101 Assignment / GDB No 01 Solution & Discussion Due Date: ___________”