What is a blog?
"Blog" is an abbreviated version of "weblog," which is a term used to describe web sites that maintain an ongoing chronicle of information. A blog features diary-type commentary and links to articles on other Web sites, usually presented as a list of entries in reverse chronological order. Blogs range from the personal to the political, and can focus on one narrow subject or a whole range of subjects.
Here on VUSTUDENTS, we have a flexible rather interesting definition of blogging!
A blog is a personal diary, anything informative (religion, science, health, technology, fashion etc. ), a daily pulpit, a political soapbox, a breaking-news outlet, a collection of links, your own private thoughts etc.
It can be anything entertaining but of course everything should be authentic.
Blog writing is an interesting and productive activity but there ought to be some rules for every task. Everywhere you fine some standards which are to be followed.
Let’s take a look on what standards you should keep in mind while blogging on VUSTUDENTS.NET.
Things to keep in mind before posting a blog:
- Vustudents.net is known for its original work. So bloggers should keep in mind that they should not merely copy anything they find in blogs. You need to mention the source from where you have taken the stuff.
- Mentioning the source means give the link of that site at the end of your post. But there should be no links in the images you are uploading in your blog. Source should only be mentioned at the end. Example: Source: URL link of that page..
- Try to show your skills and give your own touch in your blogs. Make them attractive and compete our best bloggers.
- Don’t share any religious stuff without proper reference; otherwise it will not be approved.
- Be very cautious with the “title” because title creates the first expression towards your efforts. Title should be relevant, catchy and short.
- Try to proofread 2, 3 times before posting. This will minimize spelling and arrangement errors.
- Every Time try to post a worthy blog. don't post too many blogs in same a day it will put negative Impact of your blog posts.Moderators can reject your blog approval request if you had already many postings at same day.
- Blogs just having one two pictures, questions or discussion type stuff will not be approved. We have other sections for such activities.
- Blogs with no errors, worthy information, personal efforts and of course catchy appearance will be featured which is a sign of appreciation towards your work.
- Keep a check on the comments you get on you blog because you might get some worthy tips from moderators. Do visit the featured blogs if you are the beginner to see the examples.