We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
Besides the difference flavors available, here are some interesting facts about ice-cream you may not have already know.
1. A kind of ice cream was invented in China in 200 BC.
2. Emperor Nero of the Roman Empire ordered his slaves to the mountains to collect snow and ice to make flavored ice cream during the first century.
3. Twelve gallons of milk is needed to make 1 gallon of ice cream.
4. The first time someone wrote something about ice cream in the United States was some time in the 1700s. It was a letter which mentioned about a party hosted by the Governor of Maryland where ice cream was served and George Washington who was one the guest, ate a large quantity of it.
5. 50 licks are required to finish off a cone with a single scope of ice cream.
6. The first ice cream parlor in America opened in New York City in 1776
7. The most favorite topping for ice cream is chocolate syrup.
8. Americans were able to have home-made ice cream for the first time when the hand-cranked freezer was invented in 1845.
9. Americans are the largest consumer of ice cream with 23 litres a year. The second largest are the Australians with 18 litres a year.
10. In 1924, each average American ate 8 pints per year. By 1997, the figure increased to 48 pints per year.
11. You may think most American ice cream eaters are from states with hotter climates but a survey conducted in 1999 showed that people of Ohama, Nebraska ate more ice cream per person than other Americans.
12. The most favourite ice cream flavor among Americans is Vanilla.
13. The largest ice cream sundae according the Guinness World Book of Records was made in 1988 in Alberta, Canada. It had a weight of 55000 pounds.
14. Ice cream sticks and ice cream bars were first introduced in the 1920s.
15. The ice cream cone was invented in 1896 by an ice cream vendor in New York City to stop people from stealing his serving glasses. He patented his invention in 1903. The cone was introduced at the 1904 World's Fair in St.Louis.
16. Immigrants were served ice cream as part of their welcome meal at Ellis Island.
17. Air is the most important ingredient in ice cream as it is needed to keep the ice cream soft.
18. One in every five ice cream lovers gave ice cream to their pets.
19. President Ronald Reagan declared July as national ice cream month in the United States.
20. The United States produces 800 million gallons of ice cream every year.
21. The most favorite flavor for Popsicles is cherry.
22. California, Indiana, Ohio, Texas and New York are the top five ice cream producing states
23. In 2002, the largest ice cream pyramid was made.It had at least 3000 scoops of ice cream and weighed more than 1000 pounds.
24. Before refrigeration was invented, ice cream was a luxury reserved for special occasions.
25.The first person to manufacture ice cream on a large scale was Jacob Fussell of Baltimore, Maryland.
26. Augustus Jackson, an African American, invented a better way to manufacture ice cream in 1832.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)