As salaamu alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatahu
Islam calls people to Modesty and Humility, in both Dress and Manner, Modesty is valued in Islam, and both men and women have certain guidelines in this regard.
1. Wearing Silk is haraam for males because the Prophet (SAW) said: “These two [gold and silk] are forbidden for the males of my ummah and permissible for the females.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 3640; classed as
saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.
2. It is haraam to imitate the mushrikeen and kuffaar in their manner of
dress, so it is not permissible to wear clothing that is unique to the kuffaar
because It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas said: The Messenger of Allaah (SAW) saw ‘Ali wearing two garments dyed with safflower and said: “These are garments of the kuffaar; do not wear them.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2077).
3. It is haraam for men to imitate women and women to imitate men in the way they dress, because the Prophet (SAW) cursed the men who imitate
women and the women who imitate men.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5546).
4. It is not permissible to wear thin or see-through clothing (Transparent) that does not conceal the ‘awrah’ because Reported Jurhad (radiallahu ‘anhu), “The Messenger
of Allah passed by me when the cloak I was wearing did not cover my thigh.
He said, ‘Cover your thigh, for it (is part of the) ‘aurah.” This is related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi, who called it hasan, and by al-Bukhari in mu’allaq Form in the Sahih.
5. It is haraam for the Muslim man to let any garment he wears hang down beneath his ankles (an action known as isbaal); the limit for any garment is the ankles because It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah radiallahu ‘anhu
that the Prophet (SAW) said; “Whatever of the lower garment is beneath
the ankles is in the Fire.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5450).
6. It is haraam to wear garments of fame and vanity, which means a garment that stands out from others so that people will look at the wearer and he will become known for it because It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever wears a garment of fame and vanity, Allah will dress him in a garment like it on the Day of Resurrection.
” According to another version, “…then set it ablaze.” And according to a third
Version, “will dress him in a garment of humiliation.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4029; Ibn Maajah, 3606 and 3607; classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 2089).
May Allah guide us all to the straight path, Aameen.