Qillah Bala Hisar is a Fort is one of the foremost historic places in Peshawar. Bala Hisar is a Persian word. The word "Bala" meaning is "High" and the word "Hisar" meaning "Fort". This name was given by the Afghan King Timur Shah Durrani 1773 To 1793. The Sikhs who conquered Peshawar within the early of 19th century named it Samir Garh in 1834 however the name failed to become fashionable.The Fort has been the headquarters of the Frontier Corps since 1949
The fort stands on a high mound within the northwestern corner of Peshawar town. Not previously, the fort used to be conspicuously far from the recent city of Peshawar, however currently the development of recent buildings has lined house between the recent town and also the fort. However,the fort's position on a high mound offers a commanding and panoramic read of Peshawar and also the entire Peshawar valley. On a transparent day, one will see the mountains encircling valley of Peshawar and beyond. the world lined by the inner wall of the fort is regarding ten acres 40,000 square meter and also the boundary wall is regarding fifteen acres (61,000 m2). the peak of the fort is regarding 90 feet high than ground level.