1. Take Risks - Do not be afraid to take risks.. where is the fun in that? If you want something, go for it! Do not try and justify every action you make. Sometimes, all you have to do is to take that big leap! We usually allow ourselves to settle at what is safe and secure and yet we end up wondering at all the “what if’s?” and “what could have been’s?” in life.
2. Make Opportunities - This is more logical than waiting for opportunity to knock on your door - which may or may never come.
3. Have a Plan - Always have a plan.. this is the best way to stay on track with your goals. Set a milestone which will provide as your visual in what you are working for, what you have successfully achieved, and what you need to do better.
4. Stay Motivated - When you’re too busy getting what you want you also exhaust all your energies with it and this becomes critical because this is usually the reason why we lose the battle. Half-way through, we get tired and lose the desire to go on. It is important to stay motivated. Remind yourself with the reasons as to why you are working hard.. read motivational quotes and articles. Assure yourself that every effort exerted will eventually pay-off in the long run.
5. Be Patient - Always remember that attaining goals almost always takes time. Be kind to yourself and the people around you because everything is actually a process in working your way up the ladder each day.
8. Reward yourself - As you surpass every milestone try and treat yourself for a job well done.
7. Do not Stop Learning - You may feel that you have already become an expert in your field when you’ve been working on it for so long. But this shouldn’t be the reason why you should stop learning. Keep innovating! New ideas and new ventures helps keep the fire burning!
8. Learn to Delegate - When you are getting close to your goals you will find out that there are many more things to do than hours in the day. Find someone to help take some of your load so you can focus on things that needs your full attention.
9. Raise your Standards - Always learn to “Step-up!”. Increase your standard and strive for more!
10. Be Thankful - Not only with your accomplishments but also with your trials and your failures. It will keep you humble, which in turn, will help you continue striving for success.